Our First Masonic District website gets a lot of traffic at times – So how should my lodge submit a blog post that can be used on this website? Well, we have addressed a few things here that may help you to write a blog post so everyone in the First Masonic District will be able to see and share your news.
- Have a great Title for the post, studies suggest the title is what catches the attention of perspective viewers. Keep it simple and avoid stop words in your title such as “a”, “and”, “but”, “how”, “or”, and “what.”
- Images, a few images can really help to tell a story. Pictures can be from your mobile and don’t have to be professional quality. Smaller size jpeg, jpg images are best in most cases. Also, attaching Word or PDF documents or artwork specific to the blog post are often helpful.
- Target the audience your trying to reach. Keep in mind blog post here go out to the First Masonic District and the public. A good post will often be being linked to Social Media pages representing our District.
- Educate the reader with the content, be specific as to references of dates, times etc. If possible have a call to action. Keep it short and sweet – you don’t need to write a book or even a page however try and write two or three paragraphs which tells the story or announcement your trying to make. Please avoid sending in one sentence as your blog post.
- Be timely, old news is better than no news but preparing something ahead of time increases awareness.
- Use original content and images and avoid any copyright infringement.
Send your blog post to firstname.lastname@example.org, the DDGM and our Website Communications team will review and do our best have your blog post up asap. We post most stories, announcements, events, etc. quickly. If we have concerns or questions we will let you know.
There are plenty of upcoming Educational Events occurring in the First Masonic District in the upcoming weeks:
2/20/18: Our friends at the Lancaster Lodge of Perfection are hosting guest speaker, Matthew D. Dupee, and is open to ALL Master Masons: CLICK HERE for more information.
3/3/18: Lodge No. 43 is hosting a Lecture Series with Christopher Rodkey, and Jason Richards and Jon Ruark from the Masonic Roundtable Podcast. CLICK HERE for more information.
3/17/18: The PA Academy of Masonic Knowledge will be hosting their Spring 2018 meeting at Masonic Villages in Elizabethtown PA. CLICK HERE for more information.
The time of year is upon us again, and that time of year is SCHOLARSHIP TIME!
Did you know the Pennsylvania Masonic Youth Foundation publishes a resource guide outlining over three dozen scholarships available in Pennsylvania? They range from scholarships sponsored by particular lodges and appendant bodies to youth groups and bequests / trusts.
Popular Scholarships in the First Masonic District are:
- The Pennsylvania Masonic Youth Foundation Scholarship
- The Leon M. Abbott Scholarship of the Scottish Rite
- Lodge No. 43’s Daryl S. Flinn, PM, Scholarship
- Ephrata Lodge No. 665, Scholarship Fund and the W. Frank Bolder Memorial Scholarship
- Abraham C. Treichler Lodge No. 682’s Educational Assistance Fund
These and other scholarships are listed in the guide from many Masonic Lodges, Appendant Bodies, and Youth Groups. To view the resource guide visit:
To access the Pennsylvania Masonic Youth Foundations Scholarship Overview and application processes, visit:
Contact your Lodge’s Representative to the Pennsylvania Masonic Youth Foundation if you have further questions.
On February 6th, Lamberton Lodge No. 476 held their Stated Meeting. Lamberton was honored by First official visit from our new DDGM Ronald B. Carson, The Worshipful Masters of The First Masonic District, 50 Year recipients, Past DDGM Noble J. Johnson, and Past Master from other Districts. To top it off, a surprise gift was given to Past Master Jason Hoover from his family.
Years of Service Recipients
70 Year – James N. Hillegrasse
Raised: April 9th 1948
60 Years – Harry T. Aichele
Raised: March 3rd 1958
60 Years – Glenn A. Huber
Raised: January 9th 1959
50 Years – Thomas B. Trayer
Raised: January 9th 1969
60 Years – George C Xakellis, SR
Raised: September 5th 1968
First Masonic District member, Brian J. Wagner, was recently awarded his Masonic Scholar Award through the Academy of Masonic Knowledge by submitting his final Masonic Article suitable for publication. Bro. Wagner’s article was published in none other than The Journal of the Masonic Society’s, winter 2017 issue. His article was titled “The Masonic Knights Templar. Regalia History, Part One”, and will be continued in a future issue.
If you like to learn more about the Academy of Masonic Knowledge, visit: http://pamasonicacademy.org/
Their next meeting will be held on March 17th, 2018, at Masonic Village in Elizabethtown PA
If you’d like to learn more about The Masonic Society, you can visit them at: https://themasonicsociety.com/
Please support our Appendant Bodies in their fundraising endeavors and events. Below you will find information and links!
Children’s Dyslexia Center Pie Sale
Print and complete the order form and mail to Children’s Dyslexia Center, 213 W. Chestnut St. Lancaster PA 17603. Information and order form can be found here: http://childrensdyslexiacenteroflancaster.org/
Tall Cedars Sub Sale
Find information on how to order and pick up your subs on February 6th, here:
Tall Cedars Master Mason Seafood Night
STAG EVENT. Master Masons and Tall Cedars only. Join us for fun, frolic, fellowship and some seafood. Social Hour 530pm Dinner 630 PM. Cost $28 Dress is casual. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. Call Ralph “Butch” Ella Jr. 717-665-7789 by Feb 24th
Or visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1998303523576919/